“Real Love bringing Real Hope into Real Life”
Real Love - John 15:13, John 3:16, 1 John 4:10
Real Hope - Colossians 1:27, Romans 10:13, Isaiah 40:30-31
Real Life - John 1:4, John 10:10, Galatians 2:20
“Connecting people to Christ, each other and their purpose.”
Our mission at Connect combines the Great Commandment with the Great Commission.
The Great Commandment:
- “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “’Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36-40
The Great Commission:
- Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
The Bible is the source of authority for what we believe and practice.
- All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:21
- Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. John 17:17
We seek and encounter God’s presence in all areas of life.
- Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. John 15:4 ESV
- In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. John 1:4
- The Lord replied. “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Exodus 33:14
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present not the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
Every person was made in the image of God; therefore, we value what God has made.
- So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27
Every person has the potential to be redeemed by the blood of Jesus, becoming a child of God.
- Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:16-17
Love in Action
- Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Romans 12:9-13
- Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly of under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7
- This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 2 Corinthians 9:12
- For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45
Every Step Forward
Every time a person takes a step of faith toward God, we do our best to acknowledge that step and celebrate it.
- Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14
- Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Hebrews 10:23-24
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6