It’s time to fast and pray at Connect. Why? Because the enemy wants to divide us, but Jesus tells us to stand united in Christ. America is divided; anger is raging; therefore, the Church needs to come together to pray and fast so it can stand united in Jesus.
On October 1, 2020, we prayed for our country, for our leaders, for a peaceful election, and for unity in the Church for 40 days.
How You Can Experience 40 Days of Prayer:
- If you do not pray daily, this is a great excuse to begin! Here’s a prayer tool you can use:
- A = Adoration: Acknowledge God’s greatness through adoration.
- C = Confession: Confess your sins/faults/failures and ask Him to forgive and strengthen you.
- T = Thanksgiving: Give thanks to God for love, hope, life, relationships, purpose.
- S = Supplication: ask God to provide for your needs, for specific things.
- Read the Scripture out loud.
- What does this passage say about God, Jesus or His plan?
- What does this passage say about humans?
- What do I need to change?
- Who can I share this Scripture with?
- Fast (abstain) for one meal each week; channel your hunger into a time of prayer with Almighty God. If you want to learn more about biblical fasting, here’s a helpful article.
Keep in mind the words of Jesus in the gospel of John 17:20-21 – “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.