Volunteers needed to provide outdoor companionship and entertainment to their residents by singing, drawing on windows, performing skits, reading books, playing musical instruments, etc. For more information, contact Crystal Lane at 704-920-0000 ext. 142.
Hygiene Kit Service Project: As part of our Gift of Care program , Bright Blessings provides thousands of personal care kits for thousands of homeless and disadvantaged children each year. Good health and hygiene is essential to positive emotional and physical development for all children, and even more critical for those who lack regular access to care supplies due to poverty. Your support can help ensure that thousands of kids in need receive these basics. Any questions, contact Bright Blessings at 704-846-2329.
Project Instructions: Fill large ziploc bags with 1 each of the following items. Items must be new and in unopened individual packages. NO hotel samples or travel sizes, please.
- Bar of soap
- Lip balm/chapstick
- Pocket-size tissue pack
- 12oz bottle of shampoo
- Pocket-size hand santizer
- Toothpaste - Full sized
It only takes 1 item to make a difference. Needed items: Canned Meals, Soup, Pasta, spaghetti Sauce, Tuna Fish, Rice, Pasta Sides, Canned Vegetables, Juice Boxes, Individually wrapped snacks, Cereal, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Deodorant, Shampoo, Lotion
Boxes are located at:
- Concord Fire Stations
- Station #5 - 179 Pitt School Rd., Concord
- Station #4 - 1165 Warren C Coleman Blvd., Concord
- Cabarrus Health Alliance - 300 Mooresville Rd., Kannapolis
- One life Church -1030 Central Dr. NW, Concord
- Z Max Dragway off Bruton Smith Blvd
5. Rotary Square - Downtown Concord (corner Corbin & Union)
6. Kannapolis Fire Station #1 - 300 Firehouse Dr.
provides a great opportunity for people to volunteer and make a difference in the life of a senior. Delivery volunteers pick up meals from our office and hand-deliver them directly to seniors' homes. Meals on Wheels is also important because we provide a safety check every day to seniors who are living at home.
CCM needs toilet paper, peanut butter, soup, cereal, and any canned vegetables except for green beans and corn. Drop off between 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday-Friday, Crisis Center, 246 Country Club Dr. NE, Concord, NC. Volunteer opportunities are often available. Visit the CCM website or contact Lorie Williams at 704-490-4245 for more information.
Items needed: N95 masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disposable gowns for at-risk children. Call 704-788-1164,8 a.m. – noon and 1 – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Elder Orphan Care serves older adults in Cabarrus and Rowan counties, especially those aging alone. They accept financial donations to help purchase groceries, personal supplies, adaptive equipment, and building supplies for home modifications to help clients remain safe in their homes. Donations can be made at elderorphancare.com or via check mailed to 349-L Copperfield Blvd., Suite 211, Concord, NC 28025. Volunteers are needed for grocery deliveries, comfort calls, yard care, light construction projects, and various activities. To volunteer, please complete the volunteer application on their website. Contact Tammy Blackburn or Kim Jackson for more information.
First Responders 1st needs gift cards to local restaurants, grocery stores, Grub Hub, and Door Dash for first responders. Amazon gift cards are also in need to purchase Bibles and Christian reading material for our officers. Contact Lonnie Clouse at or 704-906-6356.
GATE Pregnancy Resource Center is excited to tell you we will begin offering ultrasounds to our clients beginning April 2021. To accomplish this task God has given us, we are needing to have some models that are less than 20 weeks pregnant to assist our nurses in their training. Please call 704.455.5200 and set up an appointment.
Volunteers needed for the Habitat ReStore to unload furniture, cleaning, assembling new shipments, donations, etc. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. For additional information, contact Kippi Laws at or 704-786-4001.
Restoration List- will include the following and potentially much more, depending on the space that we choose:
(those that may possess certain skills in this area are welcome to help lower our renovation costs)
- sheet rocking
- painting/ and trim
- shelf hanging
- hanging of pictures
- artistic ability for painting our large Globe on the wall of the Centre
- heating and air?
- hanging blinds
- decorating and donated items that reflect "modern/ industrustrial farmhouse" vibe
- stocking marketplace- handwritten tags, rolling t-shirts, organizing inventory
- organizing written materials/ stock items
- creating and organizing volunteer work space
Volunteer needs/ roles for Meal Packing at your locations: (number for each depends on size of event)
- Set-up and clean up crew
- Hand sanitizer, hairnets and glove hand out
- Table captains
- 9 volunteers per table
- MC for event - someone with lots of energy
- stockers for raw material items (table runners)
- pallet stackers- that run completed boxes from tables to pallets (via hand trucks)/ and wrapping completed pallets to ready for shipment
Once Centre is open for normal operation we will need consistent volunteers for the following roles: “ A core volunteer team for each day”
- Meal Pack Set up & Clean Up and Refill Team
- Meal Pack MC
- Meal Pack Event Captain
- Meal Pack Event Support Team ( “Spark” Team)- assist volunteers and answer questions
- Inventory & Organizing
- Work in the Marketplace
- Assist with Tagging items for purchase in the Marketplace, rolling t-shirts, marketplace restocking, etc.
- Assist with Volunteers & Registration
- Volunteer and Registration Coordinator
If you have any questions, please contact Hollie Gregory, Charlotte Centre Director
- Development Consultant - Assist in the development and implementation of fundraisers
- Event Coordinator - Work with the Founder, the development coordinator, and volunteers to assist in creating and managing future events
- Information Delivery - Help us hand out flyers, business cards, pamphlets, and simply spread the word at your work, church, family/friend, and civic organizations. Assist in maintaining our booth during various vendor shows.
- IT Volunteer - Maintain Website, back-ups, and various other IT issues
- Marketing & Communication Consultant - Assist in the creation of marketing materials and news releases as well as social media updates
- Volunteer Coordinator - Manage the volunteer program for NHC and assist in developing the organizational Volunteer Procedures Manual
Items needed: bread, canned goods and non-perishables, cleaning supplies, sanitizer, paper products, personal items, toothpaste & toothbrushes, and feminine products. Drop off between 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday-Friday, Opportunity House, 72 Corban Ave. SW, Concord, NC.
There are many opportunities to serve with Present Age whether you have an hour or want to commit to a regular basis or time. We can use volunteers to help with transportation, mentorship, advocacy, prevention and meals. If you think you might be interested, check out our website and sign up for our trainings to get involved. One way that you can get involved (and include your family and friends) is by providing a meal for our girls and mentors on the nights we meet as a group. Meal is prepared /provided for 15 people. Contact Dee Benge for more information.
The Ruby Organization needs home furnishings and volunteers for community outreach. For a list of current needs, visit therubyorg.org or contact Tracy Minchin at or 704-970-7829.